Acquired Hinomaru Co., Ltd. (currently SEKISUI HONOMARU Co., Ltd.) to strengthen sales system in the Kyushu region
Athlete Naoko Takahashi won a gold medal at the women's marathon during the Sydney Olympic Games (first time in Japan's women's track-and-field history)
Launched Fi-Block, a fire-resistant thermal expansion material
Implemented Divisional Company Organization System, and the three business divisions were renamed Housing Company, Urban Infrastructure & Environmental Products Company, and High Performance Plastics Company
Established SEKISUI (QINGDAO) PLASTIC CO., LTD., a joint venture for business in water supply piping materials, in China
Established SEKISUI HIGH PERFORMANCE PACKAGING (LANGFANG) CO., LTD. in China to produce packaging tapes
- Established SEKISUI S-LEC (SUZHOU) CO., LTD. in China to produce interlayer films
- Acquired majority of shares issued by South Korea's YOUNGBO CHEMICAL CO., LTD. (consolidated subsidiary listed on Korea Exchange), strengthening polyolefin foam business in the Asian market
- Reorganized the housing sales structure in the Chugoku region by establishing SEKISUI HEIM CHUGOKU CO., LTD. (currently, SEKISUI HEIM CHUSHIKOKU CO., LTD.)
Established BEIJING SEKISUI TRANK MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. (currently SEKISUI MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY (CHINA) LTD.) in China to produce and sell vacuum blood collection tubes
Established SEKISUI OASIS CO., LTD. and commenced business in home nursing care services
Reorganized the housing sales structure in the Tohoku region by establishing SEKISUI HEIM TOHOKU CO., LTD.
- Established SEKISUI FULLER COMPANY, LTD. as a joint venture for adhesive business with U.S. company H.B. Fuller Company
- Established SEKISUI Refresh CO., LTD. in South Kora to produce and sell pipe rehabilitation materials
Reorganized the housing sales structure in the Kyushu region by establishing SEKISUI HEIM KYUSHU CO., LTD.
Established SEKISUI INDUSTRIAL PIPING CO., LTD. in Taiwan to produce and sell plastic valves and pipes
Acquired DAIICHI PURE CHEMICALS CO., LTD. to strengthen medical (diagnostics) business
Established the first subsidiary in India, SEKISUI CHEMICAL INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Reorganized the housing sales structure in the Tokyo, Chubu and Kinki regions by establishing TOKYO SEKISUI HEIM CO., LTD., SEKISUI HEIM CHUBU CO., LTD.
- Introduced an executive officers system
- Established SEKISUI MEDICAL CO., LTD. by merging medical division with DAIICHI PURE CHEMICALS CO., LTD.
Acquired XENOTECH, LLC.(currently SEKISUI XENOTECH, LLC.), a U.S. company in the pharmacokinetics contract services business (2022 Divestment)
- Opened Taga Plant as our main plant for the Electronics field
- Reorganized the housing sales system in the Chugoku and Shikoku regions by establishing SEKISUI CHUSHIKOKU CO., LTD.
Acquired polyvinyl alcohol resin business from group companies of the Celanese Corporation Group based in the United States, and established SEKISUI SPECIALTY CHEMICALS AMERICA, LLC and SEKISUI SPECIALTY CHEMICALS EUROPE, S.L.
Established a joint venture in Thailand for production and sales, the first overseas venture in our housing business
Acquired expandable polyolefin foam manufacturer SEKISUI ALVEO BS GmbH (previously Polymer-Tec GmbH) in Europe