- “The CSR Report 2019” is published with the goals of informing stakeholders about Sekisui Chemical Group's social responsibilities and the various initiatives in which it is involved to resolve social issues and of increasing public understanding of the Group’s activities.
- The report consists of the CSR philosophies set forth in Sekisui Chemical Group’s CSR Medium-term Plan drawn up in 2017, namely “Three Prominences (“Environment,” “CS & Quality,” and “Human Resources”),” “Pledge to Society” (“Working Environment,” “Safety,” and “Compliance and Respect for Human Rights”), “Stakeholder Engagement,” and “Governance” — along which lines this report has been built.
- The information posted here has been decided upon in reference to various report-drafting guidelines, based on internal and external surveys and third-party reviews, and in consideration of what is important for both society and Sekisui Chemical Group.
- “The CSR Report 2019” has been edited with an anticipated readership of all stakeholders involved with Sekisui Chemical Group, particularly institutions that evaluate ESG and long-term investors.
- In order to ensure that information is both comprehensive and easy to read, this CSR Report 2019, which contains all information relating to the CSR activities of Sekisui Chemical Group, has been centrally consolidated and posted to the CSR section of the Company’s website. The Report is provided in the two PDF and HTML formats. The “CSR Report 2019 PDF Edition”, which has the same content as the Web Edition, can be obtained from the PDF download page.
- The standards used for calculating the major reported performance indicators are compiled together and listed after each set of performance data.
- To ensure reliability, the environmental and social information in the Japanese version of “CSR Report 2019 PDF Edition” has been assured by a third-party organization.
Guidelines Used for Reference, etc.
- GRI Standards 2016
- The Ministry of the Environment's “Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2018 Edition)”
- ISO26000 (Guidance Regarding Social Responsibility)
- 10 Principles of the United Nations Global Compact