Declaration of Support for Initiatives and Organizations in Which Sekisui Chemical Group Participates
Declaration of Support for International Standards and Norms
Sekisui Chemical Group respects international norms and standards regarding CSR, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, ISO 26000, the OECD's Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, the ILO's International Labor Standards, and the United Nations' Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (Ruggie Framework). In March 2009, Sekisui Chemical signed the United Nations Global Compact*.
In compiling and issuing its 2019 CSR Report, Sekisui Chemical conforms to the “Core” options of the internationally recognized Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards.
In addition, Sekisui Chemical Group is a supporter of the Japan Climate Initiative (JCI) Declaration. As such, the Group is joining the front line of the global push for decarbonization from Japan.
* United Nations Global Compact:A voluntary program in which top management of firms around the world pledge to comply with 10 principles on subjects such as human rights, labor standards, the environment, and anti-corruption efforts within the scopes of influence of their firms and participate in building a global framework for realizing sustainable growth.
Supporting the stance on information disclosureDeclaration of support for the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
Sekisui Chemical Group declared its support for the recommendations of the TCFD* on analysis and disclosure of the impact of climate change on corporations’ financial affairs in January 2019. By supporting the stance on information disclosure sought by the TCFD recommendations and promoting related information disclosure, the Group will build a sustainable management foundation including relationships of trust with its stakeholders going forward.
- TCFD: The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures was established in 2015 by the Financial Stability Board (FSB), which is an international organization that seeks to stabilize the financial system.
Major OrganizationsOrganizations in Which Sekisui Chemical Group Participates
- Japan Chemical Industry Association.
- The Japanese Society for Quality Control
- Kansai Chemical Industry Association.
- Japan Prefabricated Construction Suppliers and Manufacturers Association
- Japan Business Federation
- Kansai Economic Federation
- The Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Japan Federation of Housing Organizations
- The Machinami Foundation
- The Real Estate Companies Association of Japan
- The Provision of Quality Housing Stock Association (SumStock)
- KIDS DESIGN ASSOCIATION
- Japan Sewage Pipe Renewal Method Association
- The Japan Plastics Industry Federation
- Japan Initiative for Marine Environment（JaIME）
- Japan Clean Ocean Material Alliance（CLOMA）etc.